Thursday 8 December 2016

Read

"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, 
the more places you'll go."
~ Dr. Seuss



We love books in this house. It's usually the first thing we do when we wake up in the morning. Well, I need my coffee first, but I love to enjoy my morning cuppa with the Word and/or a good book. It's important for me to have that quiet time with the Lord. Reading first thing doesn't happen every day, but when it does, it is so much better. As I was reading recently, in a book called "Simplify" by Bill Hybels, it's important to set aside time to get into the Word, to reflect on His gifts and rest in the knowledge that we are loved. Hybels calls it "chair time" as he recommends setting up a space where you can commune with God. I prefer to call it my "peace retreat." My place to read is a rocking chair in my bedroom. It's calm, comfortable, quiet. When Isaac wakes up for the day, usually the first thing he asks for is for me to read to him. I love this, and I hope this little routine continues. He is definitely a book-worm like his mama. When it came to moving him into his own room recently. I wanted to give him a place where he can have his own "chair time."We got him his very own library card when he was one and a half, and that library card has been the greatest treasure to him. The library is one of his favourite places to be and explore. So, we created a special reading tent for our boys to enjoy when we bring those library books home. Judging by his great big smiles, he loves it. Hope that this is encouragement to set up your own peace retreat.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...