Sunday 30 April 2017

So Loved



Wow! This gift, this bundle of pure joy is 4 months today. Little one. You are so loved! We are just so amazed by how this precious child has grown in 4 months. Her personality is coming out and we notice that all 3 of our kids have completely different personalities. She is giving us lots of smiles and giggles lately. She enjoys her jumper and watching her bothers play from her exersaucer. Of course, her favourite place to be is still my arms. I wear her in a sling a lot. But, she's not shy at all and is happy to be held by anyone. The boys love her and show her in many endearing ways. They place little toy trains and stuffies next to her in her bassinet while she's sleeping. And, she is not short on hugs and kisses. Some days I feel so overwhelmed. I'm still getting the hang of getting 3 kids and myself out the door some days. Even with the best of intentions (up early, fed warm, healthy breakfast...) inevitably something goes wrong at the very last minute (babe needs nursed again, poop explosion...) My big kids are also getting used to hearing the word "wait" a lot. They have little patience for me often I in turn have not much patience either. Soon, we will find our groove. It's not that it's the third child. It's the adjustment of going from 2 to 3 and the newborn stage. I felt the same sense of pressure when I had our first. Actually, I felt it even more. But, I'm a lot softer on myself than I used to be. I find the days go by slow and the years go by fast. I want my kids to look back on these days and just remember that they are so loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...