Friday 9 August 2019

Awesomely awkward or Awkwardly Awesome?

I've ignored this poor blog of mine. Blame Instagram. I probably spend way too much time on that app.

But, I'm dusting off the old blog - because I want to share more about my parenting and teaching journey. I am going to try to share fun classroom ideas, book and product reviews. And, get back to what I created this space for - sharing my journey of parenting and documenting all the beautiful sometimes teachable moments that make me smile.

For now - here are some Awesomely Awkward or Awkwardly Awesome moments... 🌈

When at the fountain pop machine at Subway, the other day, I had no idea how to use the (new??) touch screen. A kind, elderly women, politely pointed out to me how to use it. She told me she opted for the cherry coke option and it was lovely. I opted for vanilla. And, very much enjoyed it. Needless to say I don't get out much. And, haven't had fast food in a while.

When the cashier at the grocery store asks my son, Isaac, "Are you ready for the Easter bunny to come?" and he replies "I don't believe in the Easter bunny, but I asked him for a Rocky and a shed in my stocking." Thank goodness, there wasn't any other children there to have their beliefs shattered. I reassured the cashier, don't worry, I'm not a big scrooge at Easter or Christmas time.

When Isaac tells the feed salesman that "Evie needs a bottle now because she bites my mom's boobs"

When Isaac says this year for Christmas "I want two real kitties," and Micah says "I want two real babies!" I reply that I might not be able to make that request happen. Isaac says "Maybe Mrs. Claus can give that to you?"

When I underestimate the amount of room I need to squeeze by someone sitting down at the Costco restaurant area and bump them with my bum.

When there is no other way around it and I have to bring all three kiddos to the chiropractor and they act totally insane. I was worried they were going to run around and bump into someone with back issues.

When you run out of room in your own bed and literally play musical beds with your kids at night because they all wake up at some point in the night and need to snuggle in your bed. Eventually you succumb to the fact that you don't get to sleep in your own bed.

When Micah creeps into my lap as he often does and I say "I love you my son" and he replies "I just tooted on you."



And that my friends is my parenting journey in a nutshell.



🌈 Sonya



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...