Monday 23 December 2013

Softly Falling Snow

What's Remmy doing?

 
 



There is something quite idyllic about softly falling snow, especially when you can say that all of your corn is off. For those who don't have your corn off yet, I know you are perhaps not so happy about our early winter. But, with the latest storm we had and with the softly falling snow of today, it's hard not to feel like you are living in a snowglobe. The icicles formed on the old cedar fence, the gorgeous frost design on the windows, the tree limbs covered with a layer of ice and snow - I simply couldn't resist bundling Isaac up to enjoy the softly falling snow this morning. Watching him try to toddle in his snowsuit, and take in the view from his little wagon and then promptly drift off into dreamland was enough to make my mama heart smile. He is still off in dreamland now, with his wagon parked nicely in my back kitchen so I can hear him if he wakes up. He has a slight cold and I know that fresh air is good for him. I came inside to enjoy a cuppa and some gingerbread cookies - that pretty much just topped off my morning.

Boy, I love Christmas holidays!

And, as much as I know how some of you don't want that white stuff, I'm excited for a white Christmas this week.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...