Wednesday 6 August 2014

Sorry about the mess, but we live here.

My dear readers.

I want you to rest in and cling to the knowledge that you are so loved.
Whatever may fill your day or the week ahead.
Whatever weight you carry on your shoulders and strongholds that fill your mind.
Whatever it is that burdens you and fills your life with worry or fear
That challenges this fundamental truth
That you are something to be praised and favoured.
You are a beautiful part of creation, an image bearer of God.
God is in you. Own that truth.
Nothing can separate you from His love. Nothing.
He will never disown you.
Take this, remember it, let that take you to place of peace.
Don't burry it under the messyness of life. Soak it in.
Life is messy. We all have junk
Whether it be familial brokenness, financial strife, personal additions,
the pressures of work, school, the culture.
Whatever else clutters your life, your mind, your spirit.
Know this full well: You are beloved.

Inspired by the book "Life of the Beloved" by Henri Nouwen. A must read if you are struggling with  any insecurities. It will uplift you and help you see God in the mundane. I was in a place of forgetting what I had to be grateful for, and it helped me to see what really mattered.

And this: CLICK LINK Skit Guys: The Prodigal Nothing can separate you from the love of your Heavenly Father. Even if you leave Him, He will be there waiting.

With that, My Gratitude...

136. The fruits of my labour in my edible garden.
137. Taking time to be still and see the beautiful blooms of my flower beds
138. Hydrangea
139. Hibiscus
140. Dahlia
141. Daylily (I could go on)
142. Beach days
143. "Where you invest your love, you invest your life," This line from the Mumford and Sons song Awake my Soul.
144. This line from The Help, "You is kind, you is smart, you is important." ~ Aibileen Clark.
145. Feeling baby kicking and now, my husband, Tim, can feel too.
146. I'm working on a book of memories for a dear couple, who founded the Wingham Right to Life group over 40 years ago. Through this process, I have discovered and learned so much about the organization. And, have had numerous thoughtful submissions by others offering their kind words to these saints. It has been such a blessing to put the book together.
147. In prepping for a Norwex party I am hosting. I am constantly reminding myself that my friends will be coming over for me, not for my house. This is something I am thankful for. As, anything I clean, doesn't stay that way for long.
148. Going out for ice cream and/or fro yo
149. Moosetracks
150. Tigertail
151. Grammy's Cupboard (I could go on)
152. Campfires
153. I think we live in a little slice of Heaven, right here in Huron County. Rolling hills, thick forests, Lake Huron, winding dirt roads, trickling creaks, sparkling rivers. What more could we ask for?
154. Farmer's on the fields, taking off the wheat and baling straw.
155. The smell of fresh cut hay.
156. My friends and I celebrating 30 years this year.
157. A handy husband, who finds a way to make my summer time DIYs possible (more on this in a post to come).
158. A little boy who has conquered his fear of the splash pad or sprinkler.
159. An ever growing church family and friends who are expecting little ones around the same time as you is so much fun.
160. When you spot beautiful birds in your own back yard, cardinals, blue jays, finches.
161. Life lately in pics.

















                                                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...